Examples are different ways a user can phrase a question or query to the virtual assistant, based on a single intent.
How is this useful?
As everyone asks or phrases questions differently, by adding representative questions to the virtual assistant’s vocabulary, the virtual assistant will be able to answer to a wider range of questions, thus performing more realistically in the real world when deployed.
How does it work?
Think of it as teaching a toddler what certain sentences mean. If the child is taught the meaning of more sentences, they would be able to understand what others are saying earlier on.
It’s the same for AI-generated assistant. By enriching its ‘brain’ with representative examples you think your target audience would ask, the virtual assistant can find the best matching example to the question users asks, identify the intent, and provide a response.
What are good Examples?
It’s more helpful to the virtual assistant to include a wide variance of Examples, instead of the same phrases with just one or two words replaced. This is so that it represents a wider range of possible ways users will ask questions, thus making the virtual assistant more relevant.
Ideally, each Example should contain at least 4 words, so that it will be more effective to train the virtual assistant.
Think of how your typical customer will be asking the question.
Sample Intent: How do I sign up?
Am I able to join?
Is anyone eligible to participate?
Can I take part?
Can sign up?
How to sign up?
I want to sign up
How do I start creating Examples?
Click on any Intent to show the Example panel on the right.
- The panel will be empty at first. To add Examples, enter the phrase you have in mind into the text box.
2. Click the ‘+ Add Examples’ button. The added Example will appear in the table below.
For more details on adding Examples, please view the video below:
Automatically Generate Examples
Having to create Examples one by one can be quite tedious and time-consuming. Instead, you can automatically produce different variants of a question with the ‘Generate Examples’ button. You can even do this in different languages!
For every intent set, you may choose to generate Examples to add to the intent set and train the virtual assistant.
After you’ve add an Example, you can:
- Click ‘Generate Examples’, then select a language you would like the auto generation to propagate in. New example variants will then fill up the text box.
- Scroll through the auto-generated list to remove any Examples you deem inappropriate or incorrect.
- Click on ‘Add Examples’ to add your approved auto-generated Examples to the Intent set.